First of all, let me remind you that mold removal and remediation is best left to qualified and licensed professionals.
To remove mold, the first step is proper and thorough inspection. The property is then carefully inspected for the presence of mold in all areas, interior and exterior. The mold removal specialist then works its way to the most likely places where the mold can be to be found and removes it. The most likely places to look for mold removal are in the attic or basement. If the property is very large, mold removal professionals may be needed to conduct the entire process. The mold removal specialist will ensure that all mold is removed without any contamination. In particular, the property is cleaned of all surfaces that might be accessible for re-infestation.
After the property has been cleaned, the specialist will assess the extent of the mold and whether it is considered hazardous. If it is, mold remediation professionals will undertake the necessary steps to ensure that the property remains safe for habitation or use. The property is then retested for contamination, using certified materials. If this is the case, the specialist will undertake further mold remediation to ensure that the situation is remedied. If contamination is not remedied, the property may have to be put on an even keel by further remediation to be certain that it is safe to use. For properties where contamination has already occurred, further remediation may be necessary to make sure that there is no recurrence of the issue.
Mold remediation can be expensive and time consuming. This is why it is advisable to avoid the exposure to these contaminants whenever possible. The best way to avoid this is to be proactive and to allow a qualified specialist to assess the situation and advise as to what must be done to make sure that the property is safe for habitation and use.
The final stage is to ensure that the property has gone through all the necessary tests that the certification specifies, ensuring that it is fit for habitation and use. Once this is the case, a property owner must make sure that the entire property is free of contamination. This may require paying for repeated professional visits, although it may be possible to clear up the problem on the first visit, ensure that the property is safe for habitation and use and pay for the tests on the second visit. It is possible to make a purchase decision that ensures that this does not happen, but it is best to ensure that the purchaser has done their due diligence and that the results of all the tests are available for scrutiny by the purchaser.
It is important to make sure that the correct tests are carried out and carried out correctly, before relying on any one test alone to ensure that the property is safe for habitation and use. It is also vital to ensure that these tests are carried out by qualified professionals who understand the correct steps to be taken and what they mean. These trained professionals know exactly what to look for and what to do to ensure that the property is safe for use and safe for the birds.